Sequins and Stripes

I have fallen in love–with this sweater {sorry, Andrew}.  The moment I laid my eyes on it, I snatched it up.  I knew the pretty little sequins on the elbows would make me feel like a new woman.  And it did.  It definitely did.

Have I mentioned my obsession with these rain boots? I have quite the collection {about 4 rain boots…yikes}.  What made me love these so much was not just the pretty red color, but the fact that they are “packable,” which means they are super lightweight compared to my other Hunter boots AND they can be folded up.  SCORE.  Totally worth the splurge.

Also, a little old news, but I thought it was funny: Andrew and I unknowingly bought each other the exact same Christmas gift {the special edition Harry Potter series–yes, we still love Harry}.  We got a little suspicious when we put the two wrapped gifts next to each other and they were the exact same weight and size.  It’s a good thing we got each other a few other gifts that were different though.  {One of my gifts for him was the J.Crew Weekender Bag…it’s THE perfect size!} I’m not going to lie, my gifts were pretty good and creative for him this year {and vice versa obviously}.  I don’t know how I’m going to top it next Christmas.  I’ll have to start planning…right now.

13 Responses to Sequins and Stripes

1. You look beautiful! I love this look!!
    oXo
    Jenn

2. I love the elbow patches! Very cute!

3. true story- kyle + i are huge harry potter nerds as well. LOVE! the sequin elbow patches are the perfect dose of glam. hope you're staying warm + stylish love!
    xoxo, lauren

4. Kimberly Ann says:

Love this outfit! And such a cute story about Christmas!

Kim

5. Ashley says:

Haha that Christmas story made me laugh a lot. My husband and I would totally do that – I mean, we are obsessed with HP 🙂

I love that sweater so much! The sparkly elbow patches are awesome. And I had no idea Hunter made packable rain boots!

I just stumbled across your blog and I am so glad I did! I am a new follower via GFC!

6. Ashley J says:

That vest is so cute…I bought it for myself… as a Christmas gift!

7. Whitney Rife says:

I love how you did the pictures!!!
    You look beautiful!!

XOXO,
    Whitney
    The Retail Therapist

8. Ha, I love that you guys got each other the same gift! I recently bought the new Harry Potter box set too! It's so pretty!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

9. Tea&Sequins says:

I LOVE the pops of red here. And the earrings. And the sequined elbow patches. And the vest. Okay I need to stop fan-girling here, but I seriously love it all! And that's so cute you guys got each other the same Christmas gift. Match made in Harry Potter heaven.

Kaitlin

10. how chic! love those patches
    ladies in navy

11. Anonymous says:

Where is your ring from?