Take A Little Back Road

Jacket: J.Crew | Jeans: Banana Republic | Top: J.Crew (factory version here but sold out; similar here) | Shoes: Clark’s here or here | Purse: Francesca’s Collections (similar) | Necklace: Forever 21 (similar) | Watch: Michael Kors | Rings: similarUrban Outfitters, and H&M | Bracelet: Juicy Couture | Earrings: Givenchy | Nails: Essie Carry On | Sunnies: Ray Ban | Lips: Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge #11 (this stuff would stay on through an apocalypse)

On Monday, the boyfriend and I decided to make a day of fall activities. So, we headed to a local farm for some comfort food, hayrides, and pumpkin picking.  It definitely knocked some items off my fall bucket list.  We ended up snagging some yummy homemade pumpkin/apple butter and jams from the market and of course, some apple cider.  We ended up carving the pumpkins while watching Hocus Pocus, sipped on cider, and seasoned then toasted the pumpkin seeds…sounds awesome, right? Well, yeah…it was.  Although I’m not much of an artist so I quickly gave up on carving the pumpkin after five minutes, Andrew rocked his out though (for those of you who saw the proof on Instagram).  Show off.

On the way there, I was in charge of directions, which shouldn’t be hard for a normal person, but for me, it was quite challenging.  We took the wrong turn (my fault…obviously), and google maps rerouted us taking us on a little longer drive but with all back roads.  It was the prettiest surprise ever: autumn leaves, winding roads, and gorgeous weather.  After fifteen minutes of driving, we ended up on a road that overlooked quite the view.  We had actually never been so happy to get lost.  So, technically, we were lucky to have me in charge of directions.  Remember that, Andrew, the next time you make fun of me for my navigational skills (or lack thereof).

I pick the pumpkin.  Andrew bags the pumpkin.  Brilliant assembly line, no?

grace + nature do not mix

Our victims.  Insert maniacal laugh here.

The pretty pretty pretty view we stumbled upon.

post signature

16 Responses to Take A Little Back Road

1. what a great idea to go during the week. looks like ya'll had the place to yourself! that view is amazing also!

2. Such a fun day!! Love all of these photos. Makes me want to visit a pumpkin patch right now 😉

3. Zelle Brown says:

These are adorable! Loving this look. My guy and I are going to carve pumpkins soon — and picking them out is half the fun!

Happy Friday, Grace!
    xo, Zelle
    A Southern Style

4. Nikki says:

What a fun day!! And I love that picture with you making the face – Nikki and nature don't mix well either. Love your pumpkin picking outfit. Perfect fall attire! Have a great weekend!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

5. Colby says:

Great photos!!! I always seem to pair black with cobalt, but I love the look with brown. Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great Friday.

6. Deborah says:

Wow the pictures of you are so stunning! I haven't been to a pumpkin patch in 5 years so I'm super jealous you guys got to go!
    And I adore your jacket! So perfect for fall!

xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

7. You two are so adorable. I love your lipstick, it totally brings a whole new vibe to the outfit.

Your Friend, Jess

8. Getting lost is the best party! Looks like y'all stumbled upon a gem! And you in nature is too much cuteness!

xx
    Here&Now

9. love that bag! we went to a pumpkin patch yesterday! 🙂 so fun
    kw ladies in navy

10. Pumpkin patches are so fun! Very fall festive. Love the jacket. And the plaid shirt is so cute with it. Seems like the perfect casual fall day outfit : )

xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

11. Funny how things like that turn out eh! I love that image of you cringing at the pumpkin. I would totally pull the same face hahaha!

SDMxx

12. Jen says:

You all look super cute! Love that J.Crew jacket 🙂

Jen

13. This post is so cute…love it 😉

XO

14. I love this look, everything about it is SO cute!

xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

15. Alicia says:

i have that j.crew jacket and it's perfection! i love this ensemble; casual and laid back yet super super feminine and adorable! it looks like you all had fun pumpkin picking!

xoxo,
    Alicia / River City Chic

16. THe epitome of the perfect fall outfit for the outdoors 🙂 Love the plaid and the booties!! You guys looked like you had a lot of fun…makes me want to go pumpkin picking 😛

Veloria in Velvet